Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: 9930, PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Accepted Solution

How do I code sign Playbook App

Ok, so the App World just opened up app submissions for playbook.  Thats great, but don't I need to sign my build before I submit?  How do I get signing keys?  Also, is anyone out there obfuscating?  if so, what tools are you using.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: How do I code sign Playbook App

I was under the impression that they have not opened up for playbook submissions. Where have you read that it is now open?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: Playbook

There are a fair amount of articles out there stating it, also the Terms and Conditions were released today stating that elligibilty for a playbook started at 12:01 am December 7th 2010 and goes until 11:59 p.m. ET on February 1, 2011.

( BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Offer Terms and Conditions )

RIM Now Accepting PlayBook Tablet Apps

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Developer

wow. i've been out of my house for only six hours today and so much has happened. i read the terms and conditions earlier today but didnt realize they were open for submissions. so im gonna have to ask the same question as the OP. has there been any info about the keys?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Highlighted
Developer

[ Edited ]

Edit: Alrite i have a lot of egg on my face now. here's the link to definitely confirm its on! http://devblog.blackberry.com/2010/12/submit-playbook-apps-to-app-world/#more-2877

i need to get out of the rock im under.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Developer

[ Edited ]

"i need to get out of the rock im under."

Tell me about it, I check these forums every few hours and knew the webinar on releasing an app to App World was coming this Thursday, but I had no idea ( until about 4pm ) that they had started accepting apps.  I was like: "Wuh?  When did this happen?!"

That being said, I am extremely happy to have seen that they are now open for business and the actual Terms and Conditions have been laid out.  I am certainly hoping they like my applications and look forward to the soon to come thread where people post that their app was accepted, and then they can hopefully divulge a little about what they wrote.  I know that if mine are accepted I wouldn't mind talking about them.

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Developer

hey,

agreed. my fear of the terms for the playbook if there are too many apps for one category they start ignoring the rest. but i guess time will tell.

@streak81: as for the code signing. according to the following forum post they are currently accepting UNSIGNED AIR applications:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/PlayBook-app-submission/td-p...

let the submitting begin! Smiley Happy

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

You could temporarily use self signed certificate's using adt, by default they are only for 5 years but using the -validityPeriod option in the command you can extend that.

I'm not sure if this conflicts with the Blackberry T&C's but this is something that was suggested to us during the Air for Android Pre release.

Will need some clarity from an official channel.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Has anyone got anything that i can do? I just finished up two PlayBook apps, but i genuinely have no idea how to build them for submission. Does anyone have a link to that documentation, i could not find it.

Also, has anyone found a solution to code-signing?

New Developer

I used Ryan Stewarts tips here 

http://blog.digitalbackcountry.com/2010/10/publishing-air-apps-to-the-android-market/

for creating a signing cert for the required time period using the commandline with Air's ADT.

Worked really well and passed the test with the Android market.

Inside Flash Builder Burrito, I was able to add this cert to the Blackberry signature.  However, I don't know if the App World will accept it.

Don

Don Kerr
Manager, Space City Adobe User Group
Houston, Tx
www.spacecityaug.com