Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How do I code sign Playbook App

I read on the forums somewhere (i can't remember where, for the life of me), that one of the RIM employees said that you can submit without code signing (for now), can anyone verify this as true?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Hey ozetadev,

at the moment you are not required to sign your apps. just submit the .bar file that is produced after you compile your program.

here's the link to the page with instructions from the developer's blog:

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2010/12/submit-playbook-apps-to-app-world/

scroll down about half the page and it tells you what you need to know about submitting your app. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: 9930, PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I posted JRAB's post as the solution as I have submitted my app to the app world without signing it.  I will let you all know if and when it gets accepted.  This will likely not be the app that people will purchase, but at least It has been submitted and we all know that the initial submission is the one that takes the most time to get approved.  Any updates that I make including submitting a signed version should get accepted faster.

Developer
My Device: Playbook

I submitted my first app yesterday.  I have no idea how long it will take to get to the testing stage on their end.  Does anyone have any experience with a timeline?  Has anyone been approved yet?

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Developer
My Device: 9930, PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have a few apps in the app world for blackberry phone devices, and it can take 10 business days or longer to get approved. I have not had the misfortune of having an app rejected. I have had to update app for bug fixes/feature updates and this typically takes much less time (same day to a few days in my experience depending on the app complexity).

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Mine just got accepted, but it was a new release of an existing app I already have - that might have to do with why it was so fast. So if we have an app accepted, that means we are for sure getting a PlayBook??

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

wow miss rancher that was fast! im actually kind of jealous of you right now Smiley Happy and yes the rules say if your playbook app gets approved your a shoe in for a playbook! congrats!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook

Well done, Miss Rancher Smiley Happy

Are there any info about signing our apps or sending it in production mode? I've sent my first app in development mode without any signature.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

That information hasn't been made available to us yet.  Stay tuned... it's unlikely you'll miss hearing about it when it comes out, as there will probably be a dozen new messages on the topic that same day.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!