Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

How long does reviewing take?

Hello all,

I submitted my app close a full 7 days ago, and it is still 'Pending Review'.

I'm wondering how long it *normally* takes for this process to complete, as well, would the fact that RIM has taken their time to get around to reviewing my app mean I've missed the boat for the free Playbook offer (it'd be much easier to have a device to actually test apps on and see what can actually be accomplished with the AIR api).

I have sent an email to RIM asking what the progress is, or if they have gotten a chance to look at the app, but got zero response. Currently I'm chalkin the lack of response and abnormally long review process time to the amount of developers trying to get their apps in before the offer was discontinued, but after 7 full days, I'm beginning to wonder if it's entirely worth it to port my other apps over to the Playbook.

Thanks in advance;

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: How long does reviewing take?

hey,

welcome to the forums! this has been brought up a few times --  the length of approval time can vary from a few days to a couple of months. Their time has imporved significantly since they started accepting apps. So if you got ur app in by the deadline, just sit back and wait for an approval. here is a thread with A LOT more data:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Anyone-have-their-App-approved/m-...

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Ah, ok, thank you very much!

Developer
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: AT&T

Also, keep in mind with the deadline having just passed, they probably got a huge number of submissions and will be a little backed up, perhaps until launch approving them.