Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to delete app?

yep.

I never manually entered in a reverse DNS id. When I look in the app descriptor, the id is just:

<id>BPBAIRHelloWorld</id>

I have tried this id without success.

I am pretty concerned that the uninstall util says it has successfully uninstalled something when clearly it has not (or when it doesn't even exist)

Next?

New Contributor

I use -package and not -package-id as in:

blackberry-deploy -package xxxxxxxx.bar -uninstallApp -device 192.168.233.128 -password xxxxxxxx

New Developer

Hmm. Accoring to the commandline options, only package-id is allowed for the uninstall command:

C:\Users\mr>blackberry-deploy
Usage:
  <deploy> -installApp [<options>] -device <device-id> -package <bar-file>
  <deploy> -uninstallApp [<options>] -device <device-id> -package-id <package-id>

Is there some way I can view/access the file system on the Playbook simulator to manually delete files?

New Developer

When I have tried to uninstall using the Run configuration in the Flash Builder 4 GUI, I can select both terminate and uninstall, but for both of them, the Run button becomes disabled when I select them and I cannot Run. So I can only install and launch from within Flash Builder. Any ideas on how to fix this??

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Hey MissRancher,

I just tested it using an App. I saw that the run button on the dialog menu that you choose the uninstall option is disabled but if u hit "Close" it will bring you back to your project and from there just hit the Run icon (the icon that looks like a play button - shouldnt be disabled) in your toolbar and it should uninstall the application.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Developer

Thanks for figuring that out for me! I guess that's a bug in Flash Builder? Well thanks for the workaround!

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

No problem! =] workarounds are the only way around everything these days haha

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I think I have a rather effective solution for this issue.

The simulator runs a web server which, when development mode is enabled, allows you to connect using your browser (e.g. Firefox, etc) and perform a few development-related tasks.  You can basically do the same things blackberry-deploy can do, as well as possibly some it cannot.

With development mode enabled, navigate to https://192.168.x.x/appInstaller.html.  (Don't include the period on the end of that URL.)  Tell your browser to accept the SSL certificate etc... it's the usual "self-signed" one that is often used for this kind of thing.  (The server listens on port 80 for http connections as well, but none of the available actions worked when I connected that way.)

The most useful thing for me is the "List all installed apps" button at the bottom.  Click it and you'll see a list of Package Name and Package Id combinations, such as this (from my unit):

HelloWorld1.SGVsbG9Xb3JsZDEgICAgICAgICA

Back on the main page, you can chop that into two pieces, entering the HelloWorld1 part as the "Package Name" and the hash info (or whatever it is) after the period as the "Package Id" fields, then click on Uninstall.  No muss, no fuss...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer
My Device: PlayBook Simulator

The uninstall thing works even if you only give it the id, no need to fill in the name field.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

[ Edited ]

Works. Excellent.