Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

How to detect MultiSelectAction cancel (close)

I want to implement a MultiSelectAction but after playing some time with it I can't figure how to detect the cancel button event to change the multiselect mode.

Is there any way to do it?

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Developer

Re: How to detect MultiSelectAction cancel (close)

Nobody using multiselect actions?

Isn't there any event to detect multiselect cancel?

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I pingged someone to see if they can answer this for you.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Not Specified

There currently is not "CANCEL" event, but you will get ContextMenuEvent.CLOSING and ContextMenuEvent.CLOSED events when this happens. 

https://developer.blackberry.com/air/apis/bb10/qnx/fuse/ui/core/UIComponent.html#event:context_menu_...

You will probably have to check to see if an action was selected before these events to determine if cancel was pressed. 

I'll be the first to admitt that it's not ideal, and we should probably look at adding another event that specifically tells you that cancel was pressed to make things easier.

Developer

Thanks!

IT sounds good as a workarround Smiley Happy

Luckily, action event is dispatched before closing ones Smiley Tongue

Hope you finally add that cancel evet!