Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: How to enable/connect with SSH?

But i cant transfer anything Smiley Happy

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@tags07, sorry, your images still need moderator approval before we can see them.  For now though it looks like you think for some reason that SCP actually works.  My previous posts explain that SCP/SFTP support is broken and you can't use it for now.

As for root support... no way.  I do believe the "devuser" support via SSH (and, once fixed, SCP/SFTP) will be preserved in the real device, but that's just a guess on my part.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

The problems with scp and sftp have "all" been fixed in the 0.9.3 beta simulator.

I can copy with scp and sftp.  I can access the /accounts/1000/shared folder (which is File.userDirectory) and can access the File.applicationStorageDirectory of any app that is packaged using the "-devMode" option.  (Note that blackberry-deploy claims to support a "-devMode" option but it doesn't serve for this purpose, and I'm not sure it does anything.)

Thanks RIM/QNX folks, and Elena who probably passed along all the details! Smiley Happy

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I am trying to use the WebWorks SDK and since I am getting local storage issues I wanted to check on the size of stored data.

It seems like the is not a way to pass the -devMode flag into the Flex complier under the hood, or am I missing something.

appending either /devMode or -devmode to the bbwp call gives me a error.

Developer

I suggest you ask in the Web Development forum (this one is for the AIR SDK) and see if anyone there knows how to "pass the -devMode argument on to the blackberry-airpackager command" via the bbwp call, or whether there's some other way to accomplish what you want.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

peter9477 wrote:

The problems with scp and sftp have "all" been fixed in the 0.9.3 beta simulator.

....  I can access the /accounts/1000/shared folder (which is File.userDirectory) ....

Hi Peter,

I've read through these posts, and it's still unclear to me how to do this.

I would like to copy a few directories with pictures into a shared folder on the PB simulator to simulate what a user would copy via usb.

e.g.
shared/Photos/vacation1folder/photo1.jpg
shared/Photos/vacation1folder/photo2.jpg
shared/Photos/vacation2folder/photo1.jpg

I have no problem accessing these folders in actionscript, but can't test accessing files because there are no files on the pb simulator.

any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

dave