Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How to test a web app from PlayBook Simulator

Is there a way to test a flash based webapp from playbook simulator? I dont see a browser in simulator interface so i guess directly this may not be possible! how about an AIR application calling a web URL, will this be possible?

thanks

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to test a web app from PlayBook Simulator

I would also like to know if there will be StageWebView (flash.media.StageWebView) component available

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

If you search the forum, you will find at least two web browser sources.  The simulator doesn't support  youtube video yet, but I suspect the next upgrade (whenever that happens) will.

--------------
Accepted PlayBook Applications: Marmi-doos, BASIC, Run and Hide, SuperClip
Accepted OS4-7 SmartPhone App: KeepLightOn
New Developer
My Device: storm 2
My Carrier: indosat

download these sample code : http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/RSSReader.fxp

you will find some code that can be use to make embedded webkit browser that can test your web apps.

Robot Happy

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

just keep in mind even though the API for the web view is available its still pretty buggy and not complete yet. As Harry stated completed and bug free (at least for the most part) will be available at a later time according to RIM. an app or two of mine have crashed when trying to run the webview component. im not a fan of it yet.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman