Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: ATT

I got a message from rim saying registration complete

I got this in an email.... however i used the flash builders code signing... do i still have to sign the app using command or does this mean the .bar is signed? i blocked my client number haha

A registration request completed successfully for client '**********'. The client has ********* code signing request(s) left.

The client was sent back the following message:

Client '*******' successfully registered with signing server ID RDK, and now has ******** code signing attempts remaining.
My PlayBook Apps -------- My Apps
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: I got a message from rim saying registration complete

hey robert,

yes you still need to use the command line to sign your bar file. there is a bug in burrito that prevents proper signing and will not notify you of an error. also make sure when you do, remove the debug data when you compile. here is a link that can walk you through packaging and signing:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Useful-Tip-Package-Images-Via-Com...

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900/Z10 Special Edition
My Carrier: Rogers

This email is just a confirmation that you've registered your computer with RIM
CEO/Lead Developer - Tensioncore™ Design Studios
http://tncr.ws/ - ShortenThis!™ for Blackberry Playbook | ShortenThis!™ for BlackBerry® 10
The Periodical Toe A highly informative Table of Elements
DrawThis! A fun drawing app for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™!
http://www.tensioncore.com/ - Tensioncore™ Web Hosting
Regular Contributor

wow another quick reply! haha thanks for that link i seemed to have figured most out... but im lost at this point ... i try to request a signature... and i get this message 

Error = Code signing request failed because Package-Author in Manifest is not se
t to [Robert].
]
barsigner error: server error: Code signing request failed because Package-Autho
r in Manifest is not set to [Robert].

any help?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Z10 LE
My Carrier: UfonePK

Robert, make sure Publisher Name is same in following:

1- in App World Vendor Portal

2. in your Signing Keys Request WebForm

3. in your mygame-app.xml -> <publisher> tag

4. CN in command-line you used for signing

I hope this helps.

// chall3ng3r //

--
- Our PlayBook Apps: IdeaPad | EasyCrop | Popcornia
- Free Icon Maker for BlackBerry PlayBook developers | 5900+ icons created and counting
- A Kudo is appreciated if you like my post Smiley Happy
- My post soveld the problem? Please click Accept as Solution.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

If there is a space in your company name you might have to put quotes around it (I did anyway).

So if it's Robert Lastname.p12 make sure you put

"Robert Lastname".p12 into the command line.

And check that it matches with whats in the blackberry-tablet.xml file <publisher> tag. Also it should be exactly the same name as you used when you filled in the form for RIM to send you the .csj file.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out MyBestShot for the playbook in Blackberry Appworld.
Developer

@robert: you need to have set up a blackberry-tablet.xml file like the above post stated. it is a separate file than the -app.xml that you have to create. In it will be a set of <publisher> tags that you need to set to be what you put into the online form when you registered your keys, which in  your case is Robert. Your blackberry-tablet.xml file should look like this:

<qnx>
<initialWindow>
<systemChrome>none</systemChrome>
<transparent>false</transparent>
</initialWindow>
<publisher>Robert</publisher>
<category>core.all</category>
<icon>
<image>your_image.png</image>
</icon>
</qnx>

Make the necessary changes and save this in the same directory as you -app.xml file. then package it all together. Then try to sign again. Good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Regular Contributor

Thanks! it worked haha 

but now it seems that it still says -debug after i reinstalled the .bar that was just signed... its strange because i used the  -debug=false for the compiler and i made sure debug was nowhere in any of the xml files... does anyone know what could still be causing this??

Developer

hey robert,

yes, you have to go into your -app.xml right before packaging and edit out any mentions of "debug" (should be two places, ID and name). so even though burrito is no longer in debug mode, it doesnt take out the -debug from the -app.xml file. You may have to change the version number to somethig like 1.0.1 as well if you plan on signing again. So after doing so, re-package sign and check again. should be ok from that point on. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Regular Contributor

Alright!! haha thanks so much!! i love these forums more than any others i have been to haha...

i really wish blackberry could make this easier haha but yeah thanks for everything!! now i just wish i get my app approved! Smiley Happy