Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Movistar

Re: I have a problem with the playbook simulator

Yes sir,I checked my video driver and it is updatee, and graphics acceleration are also active in the VM, the versions 2.0 and 2.1 , do not run , and de previous, show me error of autenthication, I don't know what else to do.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Could you launch the simulator in regular mode (not safe), reproduce the issue then respond with the vmware.log file generated, it should be in the same directory that you have the VM installed. This should tell us why the failure is occurring.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Movistar

I don't what happened! but the v 2.0 suddenly is Worked!, and  I can install my test apps, I'll keep it under observation, if it fails again, thanks a lot ! you were so kind to me

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Weird... But glad to hear you can start testing apps now! Let us know if this happens again Smiley Happy

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 8GB
My Carrier: E-Plus

Hi, same problem here.

I tried everything. new Graphiccards drivers, increasing ram etc. Im running windows7, GTX285 with latest drivers now.

Simulator 2.0.1 and beta 2.1 runs in Safe Mode fine, in regular mode it just shows a black screen.

Is it really an gfx driver issue since for testing purposes i installed installed NDK + Simulator 1.0.8 . Everything just works fine here, even in "normal" mode.

I can compile my projects, upload them to the simulator etc. 

Thx for your help,

npixo

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: at&t

[ Edited ]

i am having the same problem , not passing the starting screen message here is my info. I have: ubuntu 12.04 LTS, dual core 1.5 GHz, 32-bit, Compaq Presario CQ57-339WM notebook pc every thing except os is stock. 2 GB ram.

Also i have a 3 ghz, single-core, amd-semptron 2 GB ddr3 ram compaq presario pc 64-bit.

i am running -5.0.1 build-894247 and the playbook 2.1 simulator. I have enabled 3d hardware acceleration and gave the vm 1440 mb of ram and 8 GB hdd out of my 350 gb ,(about 250 free).

here is my log file.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: Rogers

What kind of video card do you have in your system?  If the simulator is failing at the screen service it's because VMWare is not presenting a 3D capable card to our driver.  Make sure you are running the latest drivers from your vendor.

Did you make any other changes to the VMware settings?  You should be using the default settings that the simulator is shipped with, i.e. 1GB of ram, 1 CPU, etc.. 

You could boot the simulator into safe mode, which will enable our software driver. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: at&t

Thank you it worked on the dual core pc alone , but that is the one i wanted it to work on really.