Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: N/A
Accepted Solution

Icon Requirements?

Congratulations to everyone who got approved for a Playbook!  

I had one question myself about the approval process though.  I submitted my application last night, but forgot to switch out my 64x64 icon for my 86x86 icon.  Is that size a requirement, or more of a recommendation?  I added a 1.01 release correcting my mistake, but I wasn't sure if the content approval team would even notice my correction if they rejected the first version.

Better yet, is there any way I can cancel my application submission, so that I can resubmit it with the correct icon?

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Icon Requirements?

I don't think there is any way to cancel a previous submission.

As for the icon, it's just a suggestion. Smaller icons will be shown and large ones will be shrunk (I believe).

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi

I wouldn't risk cancelling your submission. If you've submitted a corrected release, it's likely the first one will be denied and the second one approved.

In any case, RIM has stated they will work with developers to fix minor issues to try and help everyone qualify for a free Playbook. I wouldn't worry much, it seems you've done exactly what you should do.
----------------------------------------
If this post solved your problem, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button.
If you found this post useful, please provide a Kudo. Thanks.

Approved Apps: Celestial Slingshot
New Contributor
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: N/A

[ Edited ]

Thanks!  I do know that the icon shows up fine, so that isn't an issue.  If it's larger than 86x86 I believe it just doesn't show at all though.  I was mainly worried that they wanted all of the applications to be consistent, so they would only accept icons with the same size.

Edit: This community is awesome!  One minute after posting I get my answer, and a second one while replying.  Thanks guys!

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi

Larger icons will be shrunk on the simulator, but from what I've heard they will not display on the actual device and your app will be rejected.

I believe smaller icons will display fine, though I can't find a source confirming this at the moment. Either way, it's time for the waiting game =)
----------------------------------------
If this post solved your problem, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button.
If you found this post useful, please provide a Kudo. Thanks.

Approved Apps: Celestial Slingshot