Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: If you haven't received your free PlayBook email...

My app (ReelPortal) has been "Under Review" since Jan 7, and I had not received any emails.  Is there another way to check?  I'm concerned that perhaps the emails went to spam folder and got deleted.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey,

any updates to your app should be in the Ticket Section. Go to Change Ticket Requests in the vendor portal and then click on your Ticket ID. after that click on History and it will list any communications u received from App World. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Visitor
My Device: Developer - PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

Good tip JRab. I feel much better knowing that I didn't miss some vital email. I submitted an AIR game about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. The ticket tells me it's "Waiting on Test House".

My concern is that if it gets rejected too close to the free PlayBook offer deadline, there won't be enough time to make corrections and resubmit to still qualify for the offer/launch. Are there still a lot of people waiting for approval?

Developer
My Device: Playbook 16GB and Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

@MSohm, got an email today about making sure my app is submitted by March 31st to be approved for the Free Playbook offer and its ok that your app be approved after this point.  As you can see from my sig I have had it submitted for about 4 weeks now.  

Is it RIM's goal to have the apps rejected or approved by April 19th?

I would really like to have my free Playbook on its way the day its released so I can have it for physical testing but if my app doesnt get approved by April 19th that really sets me back in my schedule of development features.

Let me know your thoughts.

Fitbit for BlackBerry PlayBook
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

HuXu77 wrote:

@MSohm, got an email today about making sure my app is submitted by March 31st to be approved for the Free Playbook offer and its ok that your app be approved after this point.  As you can see from my sig I have had it submitted for about 4 weeks now.  

Is it RIM's goal to have the apps rejected or approved by April 19th?

I would really like to have my free Playbook on its way the day its released so I can have it for physical testing but if my app doesnt get approved by April 19th that really sets me back in my schedule of development features.

Let me know your thoughts.

Who was this sent from?  It'll help me track this down.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: 9530, 9550, 9630

email came from blackberryappworldnotifications@rim.com, all vendors received it i believe.

Developer

My vendor/company name is Mitchell Clay

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

It looks like eveyone got that email and it caused quite the panic
Developer

[ Edited ]

Yea it more just spurred more questions in my mind on if the revisions need to be submitted before the 31st because what if R1 and R2 are submitted before 31st but R3 is lets say April 1st, and R1 and R2 are rejected but R3 is approved, does that mean I'm disqualified?

And I wanted to know if my app would even be approved before April 19th since I have already waited 4 weeks for even the first submission to be approved.

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

ahazdesigns wrote:

email came from blackberryappworldnotifications@rim.com, all vendors received it i believe.

Yes, this is a generic email that went to all vendors.  It doesn't mean there is an issue with your application.  For the record, here is the message...

Subject: On April 19th BlackBerry PlayBook ships. Will one be yours?

Hi, [name];

Last call. The BlackBerry® PlayBook™ will be shipping April 19, 2011. As a BlackBerry App World vendor, one can be yours—free of charge—if you submit your BlackBerry PlayBook app by March 31, 2011*.

The BlackBerry App World approval process will not impact your qualification. You just need to submit your application before the March 31, 2011 deadline to remain eligible for the free offer.  Approvals can come after the deadline!  For full details on the Free BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Offer, refer to our terms and conditions. You’ll find guidelines for developing an app at the BlackBerry Developer Zone.

We’re making it easier than ever to complete your vendor registration so you can qualify for the free offer. Under the new, streamlined registration process for BlackBerry App World vendors you just need to submit a photocopy of your driver’s license.

We sincerely appreciate your support of BlackBerry App World and we’ll be watching for your BlackBerry PlayBook application with anticipation.

Thanks for your participation!

The BlackBerry App World Team

* Free BlackBerry PlayBook offer subject to terms and conditions

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker