Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: If you haven't received your free PlayBook email...

I'm now waiting on the offer email too... but based on the initial post in this thread...

3b)  If the application is accepted, you are notified of the acceptance via email.

4)  Within 5 business days of 3b occurring you are sent an email awarding you a free BlackBerry PlayBook.  This email contains a link where you enter the address you want the BlackBerry PlayBook to be shipped to.

...it looks like by Friday you should get the email ;-)  Best of luck!

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Virgin Canada

Got the email tonight Smiley Happy Ordered Smiley Happy

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: KPN

Did you have to click the 'post for sale' link to receive this e-mail? Because my app was approved, and then denied 2 days later (yeah.. weird) and I can't find that link anywhere, even though I have a release with (Approved) after it's name in the portal. (Also an updated one, but that's not approved yet)

And I didn't get the playbook offer mail.. Smiley Sad

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

You don't need to post for sale to receive the offer.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Dinges wrote:

Because my app was approved, and then denied 2 days later

I haven't seen what these "denied" emails look like, or where they're coming from.  Is it possible that although your app was approved (which means it can be posted in App World for sale), the "denied" email is telling you it's not eligible for the free PlayBook offer? Remember that these are two different things.

If the "denied" email comes from tmgideas.com, then that's definitely what it means.  (Nobody here has ever reported on an actual rejection like this, however, where they app is approved but not considered eligible, so we have no idea yet what would happen in such a case.)

I would be surprised if there have not been some actual rejections at this point, where the app (though approved) is considered ineligible.  Anyone willing to post here to report that?  It would be because the app is too simple or conflicts with some other requirement in the Terms and Conditions of the offer.  (It's possible they're allowing anything through, but somehow I doubt that.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
My Carrier: KPN

Hmm no it was not about that. App was denied because it wasn't signed and had a wrong icon size. I really think it was signed however.. but I fixed both things in update.

Developer
My Carrier: Sprint

Got my Playbook letter tonight, woo hoo!

Regular Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Me too -- just arrived a few minutes ago. Already filled out the shipping information Smiley Tongue

Developer
My Carrier: n/a

me too. Seems they are doing batches. YESSSSSS!!!!!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

[ Edited ]

It seems all the people is receiving the approval. I have not received it yet . Is there anybody still pending?