Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Galaxy Spica (Proud of it) & PlayBook!
My Carrier: Simyo (KPN Spain)

Re: If you haven't received your free PlayBook email...

Ho, God. 

They said you were fast. Yeure one step ahead from "fast"

WOW.

Kudo for you Smiley Wink

Well, thank you very very much, now I will upload the new *signed* released.

Thanks again Smiley Very Happy

Juliopp

Nice to meet you Smiley Happy
Do you find this post useful? Then, click the Kudo Star (Kudo Star) down here! Thanks! ; )
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

I feel like if we're still waiting, it might be a good sign. I guess a lot of people recieved their approved messages in batches, and probably disapproved apps have been sent out seperately so people could fix their apps before the next batch of approves go out.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Juliopp, I am in the same position as you - unsigned.  I was also told that all should be well.  I guess I'll go ahead and try this signing process... hoping it doesn't go to waste!

---------
Developing Tony Stark's JARVIS System which we call the CYMAN System on the mac ... an app for it coming soon on the BlackBerry Playbook too!

If I've been able to help in any way, credit your friendly neighborhood developer $0.02 worth of kudos!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Galaxy Spica (Proud of it) & PlayBook!
My Carrier: Simyo (KPN Spain)

Dont worry.

I've submitted the signed one, and one day later, received this email:

Success! You’ve completed the first step toward a free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.

Your app submission has been successfully received by the team at BlackBerry App World, putting you on the road to qualify for the free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet offer. The BlackBerry App World team reviews each app based on the Vendor Guidelines and we’ll notify you as soon as we have determined if your app qualifies for the free tablet offer. When your app is approved, you will receive an additional email notice requesting a shipping address for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.

If you receive notice that your app has not been accepted, don’t give up. You have the opportunity to modify and resub...

Blah, blah, blah...

Im feeling happy now!

Smiley Tongue

Nice to meet you Smiley Happy
Do you find this post useful? Then, click the Kudo Star (Kudo Star) down here! Thanks! ; )
Developer
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Now that the offer deadline is come and gone...I'd recommend folks with unsigned apps to give signing a try... Its 4-6 step process initially using commandline. Once you are able to set it up...it is very repeatable only takes 2-3 steps.

New Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

I signed and submitted my app a few days before the deadline and got my playbook eligibility email, so I've got all that done. My question is what happens, now that it's past the deadline, if your app is rejected? I mean, even if it's rejected because of a really small problem can be fixed in a quick update, do you lose the chance to get the playbook?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

This has been covered in many threads.  If it is a minor issue and the general context of the application fulfills the rules of the offer, you will have time to resolve it and still be qualified for the PB.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Follow Up.  I believe you have 20 days to resolve the issue(s).

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

I received the same email as described above...though my app isn't signed yet. Haven't yet had the chance sure to work. But at least backs up what people have said - not signed doesn't make one ineligible
---------
Developing Tony Stark's JARVIS System which we call the CYMAN System on the mac ... an app for it coming soon on the BlackBerry Playbook too!

If I've been able to help in any way, credit your friendly neighborhood developer $0.02 worth of kudos!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hello All, we had my two unsigned apps approve in the app world.

i repeat they were not signed and we did not receive any email regarding shipping details of playbook.

we have mailed them regarding mail of shipping details.

today morning we received email stating that our apps were denied as they are not signed and we need to upload them again after signing.

So my question is that

1) As the deadline is over and  if we upload signing build after deadline,are we still eligible for playbook?

2) we had mailed them regarding not receiving shipping details mail,but they have not replied yet.

any suggestions.