Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8250 Curve
My Carrier: Rogers

Import blackberry build libraries for Adobe Flash Burrito.

Hi All!

I am trying to figure out how the blackberry build libraries can be incorporated into Adobe Flash Burrito. The libraries are as follows:

import net.rim.blackberry.bbid.BBIDProfile;
import net.rim.blackberry.bbid.UserProperty;
import net.rim.blackberry.bbid.UserResource;

Kindly revert as to how this can be utilized in action script package.

Thank you!

Vivek.

vivekbnair
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Import blackberry build libraries for Adobe Flash Burrito.

hey,

those libraries are a part of the blackberry.swc file i believe. also those seem to be very specific to the behind the scenes action in the playbook. i dont think we will get access to those API's and there currently is no documentation for them at all. The only API's that are official and supported are the ones you will find here:

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/airapi/1.0.0/index.html

All the rest (including the ones that you have found) are unknown and are subject to change at any time which cause them to be very unreliable.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Are you compiling against the QNX 0.9.3 SDK library now?

Where are you getting those import paths from?

New Developer

Hi J.Rab,

Thanks for responding! There are events which enable BBID, user profile and other BB specific services. However, only the classes have been listed which I have gone through in the API reference. However, is there any example that anyone else has tried to incorporate into AS3 code? Also, if the BB specific services can't be incorporated before the BB Playbook launch, how can apps be made that leverage on BB specific features?

Appreciate your inputs!

Regards,

Vivek.

vivekbnair
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey viviek,

The AIR SDK is pretty new (still in its beta stages) so its not going to be able to leverage any of the hardware level stuff (aside from the volume and video and what not). All the other things will most likely have to be handled through the native sdk or some other sdk that has the capabiltiy to do it. The AIR SDK at this point is all aesthetics and the the ability to "super app" is also severely limited. At this point, they just want us to build standalone applications and nothing that goes into the OS level stuff. That being said, using the current set of APIs for the AIR SDK, you can make amazing apps without needing to touch the inner OS of the playbook. Of course having more access would be great, but right now it is not possible. hope that helps. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Highlighted
New Developer

Hi John,

There's a method to add blackberry build libraries into AS3 projects under Adobe Flash Builder Burrito. The steps to activate them are as follows:

1) <AS3 Project> - Properties.

2) ActionScript Build Path - Library Path - Add SWC folder.

3) <Root Folder> - C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito/sdks/blackberry-tablet-sdk-  0.9.3.

4) The Blackberry tablet sdk folder contains the swc that contains BB specific build libraries.

Another way to implement this is through Flex project > Properties and add the BB build library to the existing libraries.

Please follow the steps and revert in case you have any queries.

Thank you!

Vivek.

vivekbnair