Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: base

Installation of development environment fails

Hello,

I would like start programming the PlayBook with AIR but I have trouble to install all the tools. Maybe somebody can help :-)

I tried to follow the instructions on this page:

http://developer.blackberry.com/air/documentation/playbook/ww_air_getting_started/install_bbtos_fdt_...

Question 1) How to install AIR SDK 2.6? It's just a folder with subfolders and files, isn't? Just copy in a place I like?

Question 2) I want to use FDT on Mac OS X 10.7. But when I installed Blackberry TabletOS SDK for Adobe AIR it failed on step 6 "Choose FDT install folder". My FDT.app lies in /Application. But when I chose this directory the installer didn't accepted it. So I had not choice - I unchecked the "FDT integration" checkbox. But now FDT is uncomplete. I can't connect to the simulator because FDT only knows iOS and Android.

Any ideas? Can I manuelly integrate the TabletOS SDK in FDT?

I work with an iMac on a external Firewire drive. Maybe this confuses the installer? As path it wrote "folder Applications on disk Schatztruhe". It's right but it fails. Maybe the installer wanted something like "/Applications"? 

Thanks a lot for your ideas,

Sebastian

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Re: Installation of development environment fails

Regarding the first question about AIR SDK, yes you just install it by unzipping the folder to a directory of your choice. 

New Contributor

thanks!

Highlighted
New Contributor

In addition to my question 2)

I've tried to install all the tools on my main system to avoid possible problems with the external disk.

But is the same problem.

The TabletOS SDK asks "Where is the FDT app installed?

Answer: "Applications" on the disk "Schneetiger"

If I go "next" then an error message appeas: "Incorrect FDT directory"

Anybody there who uses FDT? Where you put it in? In "/Applications"? And the TabletOS SDK recognizes it?

Would like to start programming :-(

Thanks,

Sebastian