Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Installed using command line, but my icon and the program does not show up in the Tablet

I followed all directions to write the example actionscript app in Flash Builder 4. I then used the command line to install and launch the app on the tablet running in VMware. The app was succesfully installed. During the install process using the command line, i was told that the default icon would be used, not my icon. When looking at the Tablet in VMware, the icon is a semi-transparent box. Underneath this box is the name of my App. When launcing the app, the screen pops up saying it is loading my app, and the closes. No app. It's back to the screen showing the default icon and my app name.

Is this a normal problem or what can I do to get this thing working?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Installed using command line, but my icon and the program does not show up in the Tablet

Hi,

To get your icon to show, it needs to be named in your .xml file as well as on the command line.

As far as stopping and starting that could be that you are trying to run a debug build without the debugger connected to the simulator.

Harry

--------------
Accepted PlayBook Applications: Marmi-doos, BASIC, Run and Hide, SuperClip
Accepted OS4-7 SmartPhone App: KeepLightOn
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Installed using command line, but my icon and the program does not show up in the Tablet

The bottom comments on this thread http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/HOWTO-Compile-and-Debug-without-F... might help you with your icon issue.

C41vin Tirr311
O.O -_-
-Look through the posts before posting a new question.
-Kudo people who posted something you found helpful.