Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Is the default MX TileList touch-enabled?

[ Edited ]

Due to code portability, I'm using MX-based controls in my application for the Playbook, however, I'd like to know if the default MX TileList is drag-scroll enabled by default.

Via the emulator, I cannot verify if this is the case.  Should I implement my own code to enable the drag-scroll of the tile list, or is this the default functionality of the control?

Thanks in advance,

Tajddin

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Is the default MX TileList touch-enabled?

Hi,

MX components are not touch-enabled for touch scrolling but click still work. So basically, you will be able to select an element of the list but wont be able to touch-scroll the list. Spark List implement that natively, TileList is just a layout for a Spark List in Flex 4. You can even see the touch scrolling using the android emulator in Flash Builder (with your mouse).

Using Flex 3 components really ain't the best for mobile applications. Port some Flex 3 code will cause you many trouble (and performances issues).

Hope this helps,
Fabien

--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the white star and provide a Kudo!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!
Contributor

Thank you for your response.  I've switched to utilizing the Spark list control instead.

Another question:

Would anyone happen to know why the Playbook emulator doesn't allow you to drag-scroll?  Is this a limitation of the emulator?  I'm using an S:List.

Cheers,

Tajddin

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Drag scroll works fine with QNX lists.

Developer

Hi,

just tried it on the simulator, spark lists scroll fine. Make sure your list iis width="100%" and height="100%" to constrain it to the container

Hope this helps,
Fabien

--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the white star and provide a Kudo!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!
Highlighted
Contributor

Fore some reason, I still can't get the standard Spark list to scroll via touch and drag.  I tested the qnx version, and that works great, but it's a no-go for Spark.

Is there a setting/configuration that I need to set to notify the application of touch-based input?

Thanks again everyone for your help.  

Developer

Are you using a Flash Builder Mobile project ? maybe its in the special Hero theme for mobile

other than that, nothing in particular:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:View xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009" xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
        xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx">

<s:List id="list" width="100%" height="100%">
    <s:AsyncListView id="async" list="{getCategoryResult.lastResult.items.item}" />
  </s:List>

</s:View>

Hope this helps,
Fabien

--