Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: CellOne
Accepted Solution

Issue with Icon setting from FDTS IDE

Hi,

I was using Adobe Flash Builder IDE for creating apps for Blackberry Tablet using Adobe AIR. Currently i had switched to FDTS IDE as per details found on the bb website (). I tried creating apps for both BB Tablet as well as for BB 10. I followed the same way, as we follow in Adobe Flash Builder. But while running to the Simulator or device, it's showing 'resource unknown' error. But the same folder structure, classes, images was successfully working in Flash Builder.

please anyone help me out to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Vineeth K

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Issue with Icon setting from FDTS IDE

I had very little luck with FDT (free version). It had promise, but I was not going to spend the $400ish to find out if the full version corrected the problems that free version seems to have (see other threads on this). Just stick with FlashBuilder.
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: CellOne

Re: Issue with Icon setting from FDTS IDE

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I had found out the solution for this.

The issue was since, my Windows Seven Laptop is having two accounts, Admin & Normal user. From the Normal user, i was using the FDTS IDE, for security reasons. And the FDTS IDE, AIR SDK, Flex SDK, and BB 10 SDK were inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\. This was the issue. I had found that for many blackberry related drivers and softwares are needed to be installed direct in the C drive for better usage. I had tried out this and found that the icon setting errors are solved.

Note : Don't install any of the Blackberry related softwares inside Program Files / Program Files (x86) in Windows. It can be in any folder inside C (the drive in which the Windows is installed), example, C:\Blackberry.

And now FDTS is found to be almost fine.

Thanks & Regards

Vineeth K.