Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Just a thought...Please take a look!

[ Edited ]

So as there are quite a few people developing for the playbook now I thought it would be a good idea to compile a rough list of what people have/will start to make as their app to submit to the app world, when the time comes...? Just an idea, if there is already such a list please link to it...otherwise we can start now and here!

I'm a code n00b so I'm still learning and haven't decided what to make yet.

What about the rest of you? Also if possible include any details, if you want.

Thanks,

C41vin Tirr311
O.O -_-
-Look through the posts before posting a new question.
-Kudo people who posted something you found helpful.
Developer
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: VZW

Re: Just a thought...Please take a look!

I don't think you're going to get a lot of people commenting about what exactly they're building since they're hoping to make money from their final product.

If I was going to recommend something you could try to make without needing a great deal of experience, you might try a simple 2D video game. Those types of things tend not to rely on super-experienced developers to be fun or addicting.
Developer
My Device: Playbook

Without going into specifics, I am making a bunch of tools that I like to have on hand when writing software and/or working on my hobbies.  It makes it a lot easier to use a peripheral than having to waste computer screen space or having to be at my computer...  if that makes sense.

--kdittyr

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Developer

Yeah just realized that...and they could just state an ambiguous answer like the post above? 

And thanks for the recommendation of where to start! There's just so many different classes and packages to keep in mind (such as: http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/airapi/1.0.0/index.html).

C41vin Tirr311
O.O -_-
Highlighted
Developer

So basically tools to make your time spend writing code easier/faster. Could be a big hit with people!

C41vin Tirr311
O.O -_-