Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

KeyboardEvent not fired for shift key

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that the shift key does not dispatch a KeyboardEvent on the Playbook device?

Playbook Apps

Liquid-Photo
Follow us on Twitter @LiquidPhotoApp
P.S. Did you know you can take a screen shot by holding down the up/down volume buttons on the PlayBook! Great for recording errors.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: KeyboardEvent not fired for shift key

Yes, and only a very few of the keys do auto-repeat. Probably other oddities too. It's not an attempt to simulate a real keyboard though, so I don't think you should expect any different.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

I think we should be able to expect the shift key to be pressed. It seems like we should be able to do key combinations Shift+A select all etc.
Playbook Apps

Liquid-Photo
Follow us on Twitter @LiquidPhotoApp
P.S. Did you know you can take a screen shot by holding down the up/down volume buttons on the PlayBook! Great for recording errors.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Well, there is a shiftKey property on a KeyboardEvent - you could check that property when you get an event for an 'A' keypress.