Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: ---

Kudos to RIM!

Hello community,

For over almost six months now we have been involved in the whole Blackberry Playbook development. While we had ups and downs during the device pre-release development process (simulator bugs, lack of documentation, house testing procedures, etc), we have been hand to hand with one of the most revolutionary mobile company in the planet.

For me, despite the problems we are currently seeing (appworld search, security standards needing improvement, appworld sells really low, etc), the whole experience while developing for this platform has been really enriching, ultimately leading myself to become a better software engineer. I know RIM will come with OS updates and a kick **bleep** version (2.0?) of Playbook sooner or later. I also know that developers will get more and more options of developing in other SDK's to get Playbook market wider. QA processes will get improved over time and we will be in a pretty solid position as initial developers.

Thanks RIM, for giving us the opportunity of developing apps for your amazing device for FREE, for giving us a FREE device to test our apps, for expanding the SDK ecosystem and giving us several opportunities of choosing the language we adapt better and most importantly, for letting us the Adobe AIR Community be part of this revolutionary device.

KUDOS to RIM!

-------------------------------------
www.danielwind.net

Playbook App:
Grab Da Crab