Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Label control, alpha not working in simulator

You dont have to embed fonts anymore, unless the font you are using is not avaiable on the computer running the application.  The diffilculty here is that that alpha change works fine for the same application outside the simulator but does not work while on the simulator.  So the Flash implementation on the BB simulator is doing or expecting something different.  This should be categorized as a bug since everyday Adobe AIR applications allows for this.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Font embedding has only ever been required in situations where the player computer doesn't have the font, that's the entire point of font embedding.

I agree it's a bug if desktop AIR behaves differently. I was just trying to speculate on why font embedding makes a difference, to help track down the bug (RIM people read this).
--------
Taylor Byrnes
Developer

I appreciate it.  Just dont want to embed the BB system font if I dont have to to keep the application files size down.

New Developer
My Device: 9900 and PlayBook

Curious if you ever got this working with the BB font.  With the latest SDK and Simulator, it appears to still be an issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apps:Beats Brainwave Entrainment - Awesome Timer - StarSlide - Save Santa
@jamiebeach
Developer

It is still an issue.  If you embed the font, then it will work.  If you add the label to a sprite, apparantly that will work as well.

New Developer
My Device: 9900 and PlayBook

Thanks. The label was already a child of a Sprite, which doesn't appear to work.  Ended up simply embedding the font.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apps:Beats Brainwave Entrainment - Awesome Timer - StarSlide - Save Santa
@jamiebeach
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey,

there is a method to do an alpha tween to your label. you must add it to a sprite with a blendmode value of LAYER and you must apply the tweener to the outter sprite. here is a link to a post with more details:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Community-Library-Released-for-cl...

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman