Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Label.htmlText subscript, superscript

I just noticed that HTML superscript and subscript do not work in Label.htmlText. 

For example:

myLabel.htmlText = "H<sub>2</sub>O";

outputs H2O. 

The same goes for superscript (<sup>).  Other attributes (<b>, <i>, <u>) seem to be supported.

Does anyone know if this is by design, or can I expect it to work in the very near future?

Thanks!              

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Label.htmlText subscript, superscript

hey kaputafj,

if the htmlText property of the Label object is anything like the htmlText property of the TextField object from the flash.text package (im gonna bet it is) then the supported html tags are available in the following link:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/ActionScriptLangRefV3/flash/text/TextField.html#htmlText

scroll down to the table and it lists them all. <sub> and <sup> do not seem to be supported. hope that helps!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks, I bet you're right. 

It would be nice to see the same level of detail for the QNX class.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

i know what you mean. but they've come around with the documentation since the first version of the SDK. Now they have a lot more examples so thats a plus. Work in progress Smiley Happy

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman