Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Software Engg

Latest SDK crashing on qnx.ui.TextInput

Hi,

I have one project which has qnx.ui.TextInput control. It was working with Prevoius SDK. Now I have updated SDK. Now when launching application, Application crashes for qnx.ui.TextInput

Error coming in console: qnx.ui.TextInput has overwritten keyboard class

Thanks 

Developer
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)
My Carrier: Regional

Re: Latest SDK crashing on qnx.ui.TextInput

If you're doing this in Flash Builder make sure you've enabled the imports for the Tablet OS library.

From the Package Explorer right click your Project and choose Properties. Under ActionScript Build Packaging choose BlackBerry Tablet OS and check all the boxes.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Not Specified

The latest SDK requires AIR 2.7 or higher and Tablet OS 1.0.6 or higher. You can change the AIR version in your application descriptor file.
Regular Contributor

jdolce - Can you elaborate on what you mean?  My BB PB has the most recent OS available; when I load the app in (created in Flash 5.5 for AIR 2.7) it crashes.  Do I need to set the app or PB it to run a certain verison of AIR?  Thank you.

...Jim

BlackBerry Development Advisor

You need to set your application to run a specific version of AIR.

In your application descriptor file, it's the file that is named like <appname>-app.xml, there should be a link at the top that looks something like this.

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.7">

You need to make sure that the number is 2.7 or higher.

You also need to make sure that you are using an AIR SDK that is 2.7 and that your application is compiling to the correct swf version to enable that method.

If all this doesn't work try creating a new project, import the libraries, and add the TextInput component to the stage. Deploy that application to the device to see if it works. If it does then it is something wrong with your specific project. If it doesn't work then it would be something wrong with your SDK.