Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: vodaphone

Long App Submission?

Hey was just wondering if anyone else has experience a similar situation, I submitted an app to the Blackberry Vendor Portal on January 7th 2011, got an e-mail on January 11th 2011 saying i've completed the first step and my app is waiting for review. It's now January 28th and my app is still waiting for review. Does it usually take this long?? Getting close to the 3 week range.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Long App Submission?

hey nicholas,

a majority of the developers here are in the same boat. some have submitted way back in december and are still waiting. because of the huge flow of new apps being submitted, its causing a backlog most likely. so i dont think the normal 10 day approval stands. there is a huge thread dealing with people having similar concerns that you might be interested by:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Anyone-have-their-App-approved/td...

for now all we can do is wait unfortunately.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

As I have mentioned quite a few times in the link posted, I have been waiting 6 weeks, from December 16. I'm really starting to lose my mind and get really impatient now. I never would've thought I would still be waiting, especially since I have seen quite a few people have gotten their apps approved in 3-4 days.

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
Developer

I feel your pain Alex.  I submitted December 24 and nothing...  After I finish the large app I'm working on now I am going to make a whole bunch of tiny apps so that I can at least get an approval and be assured a playbook.

New Developer

Ya I think I'm going to do the same thing Eraser. I'm working on my second app now but its a bit of a bigger one like my first one, so if I finish it soon I'll submit it and then work on something much smaller to increase my chances of getting the free playbook.

From what I'm seeing it seems like a lot of the simple, smaller apps are being appproved quickly. Not that my app is huge or greatly complex or anything, but it isn't just a simple little app.

My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi,

I was thinking today about what it would be like as an app tester.  I would probably be assigned to test certain kinds of apps, like games, because I'm better at testing them than say, accounting packages.  So I come to work, look at the queue, and grab a game to test - bypassing the hundreds of useful apps that have been in the queue for months waiting for the experts on those to get back from their round-the-world trip.

Just a thought about how things might be working at the Test House.

Harry

--------------
Accepted PlayBook Applications: Marmi-doos, BASIC, Run and Hide, SuperClip
Accepted OS4-7 SmartPhone App: KeepLightOn
Developer

Harry, I hope you're wrong... My next app I'd an accounting app Smiley Tongue
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900/Z10 Special Edition
My Carrier: Rogers

I've been waiting since December 28th!
CEO/Lead Developer - Tensioncore™ Design Studios
http://tncr.ws/ - ShortenThis!™ for Blackberry Playbook | ShortenThis!™ for BlackBerry® 10
The Periodical Toe A highly informative Table of Elements
DrawThis! A fun drawing app for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™!
http://www.tensioncore.com/ - Tensioncore™ Web Hosting
Developer
My Device: Z10 and Z30
My Carrier: Play and Plus

I was waiting one moth and 11 days for my first Playbook app approval (since 8 December).

New Developer

@tensioncore and ddluk,

What kind of apps are they? My app is a guide of some sorts that falls under the Photography category and I'm still waiting.

Was yours accepted now, ddluk?