Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Max Application Name Length

I know there is not a reasonable physical limit to the application name, but should there be a guideline to the name length?  If the name gets a little long, it gets truncated in the simulator with ellipses appended to it (e.g. "Papillion Con...").  And when the app is minimized, it does not even get the ellipses.  Is this just a bug and we might get work wrap in the icon list and in the minimized view, get the full name or should we keep application names to 13-14 characters?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Max Application Name Length

good point john. i wonder if its different now as apposed to the way its going to be in the actual device. id hate to have the name of my application be truncated. doesnt looks so nice. I think from the videos, the bottom label in a minmized application looks better than in hte simulator. but i cant be 100% sure.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman