Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: playbook

Network issue

Hi all,

I have an issue with my app, I use UrlLoader to load an xml file throught the network. It's working only one time. The second time and after it seems I have no network or connections. Even if i reboot the vm it doesn't work. I need to delete and reinstall the vm to make it working 1 time again. 

My urlloader is well close and all listener removed, this app works great in Air.

I have no idea and you ?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Network issue

What's odd is that you say VMWare does not work after that, even if you restart the OS, quit VMWare and restart it.  If URLLoader was crashing the network stack for some odd reason, it should be fine on reboot.  Have you been able to run in the simulator with debug back to external CLI?  Maybe that would some some low level debug/dump information that might help BB.

Can you isolate it into a very simple application that you can post for others to replicate?

Have you tried loading the file from 'localhost' to an XML file that is on the same device (installed with application)?

No answer, but maybe this might inspire someone else with the answer.

New Developer
My Device: playbook

Ok I made some progress ! and it's interresting ....

So I discovered that my HTTP web service works well each time, BUT in HTTPS it works only if you use it 5 seconds before your last request. Easy no ? I explain you start your HTTPS connection, you received your response you are very pleased, you try again 1 second after it works you are very very pleased, you try 6 seconds later and it doesn't work anymore....

I used wiresharck to see what's going on and I saw my first https request, Client hello, server hello,key exchange and so on encrypted alert (?), ack ...

For my second test 6 seconds later I saw SSL Client hello, https ACK and that's all no more activities.

Have you got any ideas about that features ?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

i found on windows if you close vmware and go to start > run and type in services.msc and look for these services:

VMware Agent Service

VMware Authorization Service

VMware DHCP Service

VMware NAT Service

VMware USB Arbitratian Service

Stop those services manually and restart them your VMware will be functional again without needing to reboot your entire OS. But you should shutdown VMware prior to doing this. This doesn't solve the HTTP error but at least it saves time restarting your system.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Very odd.

If you were never able to connect via HTTP/S, then I would say the client does not the the proper SSL capabilities to do that, but since you can once and then twice in a small period of time, lends me to think that a session authentication token is timing out on the client.  But typically, event if the authentication does timeout, a later request would re-negotiate it.

I have not done this with the simulator, but in normal AIR or Flex applications, I have not seen this issue.  I've asked around the office to some other people, and they think that its odd that the timeout period (if that is the case) would be so short in time.  Minutes or hours, sure, but 5-6 seconds?  Maybe something is crashing on the machine and you're just lucking to get a couple of requests in before its gone.

Can you loop on the requests to see if its consistent.  For example use the Timer class and try every 10ms until it craps out??  Does multiple, short period requests keep it alive some how??