Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

New SDK w/ Burrito debug issue

App opens ok inside the Simulator, but the debugger doesn't work (breakpoints).  I see that it installs the app ok but it says 'waiting to connect to running application' for far too long and then errors out.

I'm on Mac OS X, Flash Builder Burrito, 4.5 SDK and new Tablet SDK as of today.  It is an Actionscript Mobile Project.

What would cause the app to appear to run ok, but the debugger doesn't?

Don

Don Kerr
Manager, Space City Adobe User Group
www.spacecityaug.com
Regular Contributor

Re: New SDK w/ Burrito debug issue

Have you been able to debug using Flash Builder 4.0.1 or command line?

The debugger uses the IP address you provide in the launch configuration for the debug host. Make sure that is set correctly.

blog: http://renaun.com
twitter: @renaun
New Developer

I currently have debug host set to 127.0.0.1 and debug isn't connecting.  I tried localhost, but that didn't work either.

The IP of my simulator is 172.16.161.128 , not 192.xxx.x.x like in the examples.  Not sure how the simulator got that IP, but it seems to run the app ok.

I have both Flash Builder 4 and Flash Builder Burrito on my Mac.

Unfortunately, not having much luck trying to test on FB4 per your question.  Following the BB Getting Started Guide for Flash Builder 4 scenario, does not give me Blackberry as a debug config option. Or even a Debug >> Other option to add it.  No idea why.   So, I can't really test going back to 4.  I tried creating a Flex Project and an Actionscript project, but neither gave me the option for Debug as other/BB. The Guide for Burrito senario worked smoothly and written, but not the FB4 scenario.

Spent a couple hours trying to figure out how to test with command line on Mac, but I never could get the environment path thing to work ... so it would not recognize the blackberry-airpackager command.   This is probably my fault, but using commandline on Mac is a pain.

I need to figure out why the debugger is not connecting, but the only error I get is the standard timeout error that doesn't tell you much.

Sorry.  Not much progress.

Don Kerr
www.spacecityaug.com
Regular Contributor

What type of networking on your doing on the VMware? Debug host would not work with localhost or 127.0.0.1 it has to be an ip address that the simulator can hit your local machine with. Probably something relative to the NAT that VMWare provides. On mac do ifconfig to see all the network ips or on windows use ipconfig from the command line.

blog: http://renaun.com
twitter: @renaun
Highlighted
New Developer

Thanks Renaun.

I deleted the debug profile and started over.  This time Flash Builder Burrito automatically applied the correct IP (192.168.1.109) and debug now works!

Never used VM on my Mac.  So, I appreciate the help learning.

Don

Don Kerr

Houston, TX

Don Kerr
www.spacecityaug.com