Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Starhub
Accepted Solution

New to Vendor Portal, Digital Goods. App update doubt!

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum so please be gentle if I am not aware of the rules here. I am new to getting started with selling digital goods from the vendor portal. I have created a sample app using AIR following the example from the BB dev portal. I have also added a new goods (consumable charged .99cents) in the vendor portal (draft mode). I have added sandbox user to my account. I opened my Z10 logged account to BBworld with developer mode on. I entered the content ID and searched for the content, the app was mentioned that it is "Unavailable for this device".

I have a few doubts.

1. How to login using sandbox user account? Should I use a different device linked to the same BBID?

2. Why the content is "Unavailable for this device"?

3. Can I simulate purchase using "PaymentSystem.CONNECTION_MODE_LOCAL" ? I see the UI with purchase ID and response set to "success" but "purchaseSuccessHandler" is not getting triggered.

my final doubt is,

4. I am planning to store some xml data and other assets in the appStorageDir once the user completes the purchase. Now what will happen if I update the app? The xml file in the appStrorageDir will also get deleted? How maintain existing data when user updates the app? 

Sorry for the lengthy amateur post. Help is much appreciated

Thank you.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: New to Vendor Portal, Digital Goods. App update doubt!

1. See the following page for info about Testing apps with a sandbox user account.  You will want to make sure your digital good is approved / available, even if your app release is in Draft mode.  Make sure to clear the cache in BlackBerry World after you have uploaded your app to the vendor portal.

2. Sometimes this error occurs if you side-load the app (from your dev machine) and try to purchase a digital good.  The payment service requires that the app be downloaded from BlackBerry World in order to make digital good purchases.  If you side load it, you will likely get errors.

3. I'm not sure why purchaseSuccessHandler is not being triggered.

4. There is a shared folder on the device that you can place application assets into.  If the app is deleted, the assets would persist.  You are correct, if you store your assets in the local file storage location for your app, it will be removed if a user deletes the app.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Starhub

Re: New to Vendor Portal, Digital Goods. App update doubt!

Could you please explain me how to do the following in Adobe AIR?

"4. There is a shared folder on the device that you can place application assets into."

How to access the shared folder?

should I use File.applicationDirectory.resolvePath("myfile"); ?

Thank you Astanley for the explanation.