Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

No background in Hello World & Problem closing Picker

Hi!

I was compiling the Hello World sample from the beginner tutorials, and it works fine, but I cannot see the background color. It shows the system wallpaper where should be a solid background. I tried setting the background color to different values and adjusting the display alpha but it has no effect.

I also added a Picker into my app and it shows up just fine, but I can't figure out how to close it after I've made my choice, clicking in empty space does not close it. I'm using simulator version 0.9.3 and also Flash Builder Burrito and SDK version 0.9.3.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: No background in Hello World & Problem closing Picker

hey,

do you have a blackberry-table.xml or a -app.xml file in your project? if so there should be a <tag> called transparent (in both of the files). make sure the value in it set to false. see if that clears it up for you. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman