Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Playbook

No permission to execute the blackberry-keytool tool of the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 1.1.1 for Adobe AIR

Why do I get this error when I select the bb sdk path in Flash Builder 4.6 Preference?

No permission to execute the blackberry-keytool tool of the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 1.1.1 for Adobe AIR

I installed BB SDK inside my Flash Builder 4.6 sdks folder and added it to my sdks.  I select it ok.  But, I get this error.

More generally speaking.  I need to update my existing released playbook app using Flash Builder  4.6.  How should it be configured?  The release needs to support the current production version on the Blackberry Playbook OS.

Thanks,

Don

Don Kerr
Manager, Space City Adobe User Group
Houston, Tx
www.spacecityaug.com
Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: No permission to execute the blackberry-keytool tool of the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 1.1.1 for Adobe AIR

You should use the 2.0 AIR SDK when using Flash Builder 4.6. Have you tried that?

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

Re: No permission to execute the blackberry-keytool tool of the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 1.1.1 for Adobe AIR

Are you on mac? I don't know why but it may be loosing executable bits on these tools, if you go to sdk/bin

folder and chmod +x * in there it should fix that specific problem