Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

OS2 debug token: peer not authenticated

[ Edited ]

After installing OS2.0 beta I tried to install a debug token in the usual manner, using a batch file I created for 1.07. The backberry-deploy command returns:

Error: peer not authenticated

The command I'm using is:

blackberry-deploy -installDebugToken "path-to-bar-file" -device aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd -password xxxxxx

Tried both USB and Wifi.

Update: blackberry-deploy version is 1.1.0

Update: problem fixed, click the "Solution" below.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
New Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: NA

Re: OS2 debug token: peer not authenticated

Same thing here its driving me nuts
Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Did you try using Flash Builder? Works like a charm for me. Also, try SDK 1.1.1 which features a handy tutorial for importing certificates and debug tokens.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
My Device: 9930, PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

i some weird issues with my os 2.0 install where i could not get the peer authenticated and my PB wouldnt connect to desktop manager either.  I eventually performed the debrick, which installs the factory os 1.0 then updates back to 2.0 if you are still in the 24 hour window. then after that i did a security wipe.  

I think part of the problem was from installing that leaked android player over the summer...i had done the security wipe after installing 2.0 originally so I could try loading my converted android app and all of my apps were gone.  doing the security wipe after debricking and upgrading to 2.0 did not uninstall the factory os apps like app world etc.

now i have a happy 2.0 which connects to DM and allows me to deploy from FB and command line.

New Contributor

Do you have any info on the debrick. I had the leaked app player as well so I'm guessing I have the same issue
Developer
My Device: 9930, PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

when you connect to desktop manager, turn your PB off and you will get a popup with 3 options:
retry, update, cancel.  If you  perform the "update", this is the debrick.  If you ever get your playbook into a bad state you can do this to reset it back to factory settings.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Update: re-registered for the beta, then performed a security wipe of OS2 beta. That downloaded a fresh 2.0 (with all the apps) and fixed the problem.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
New Contributor

I have done the debrink 3 times now and still no success. Saw in another thread someone at RIM was looking itno this so I hope a solution is found.

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Same here-- after 4 security wipes and updates, still no joy. Plus, I have to try each update 5-10 times. They download okay, but then error out during installation, forcing me to download again.