Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: OT: 2011 Predictions for BB Playbook

Do you have something specific in mind when you're talking about the last-minute surprise? Built-in digitizer would be coolSmiley Tongue

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@zezke, do you mean an "analogue to digital converter" (or "analog" for our US friends)?  There is already one in there...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

the playbook already has an arsenal of features. but as humans we'll always want more hah. but im a simple man - a faster processor or more ram will do just fine Smiley Wink

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: Playbook

My predictions are that one or two people in this forum will be offered full time positions by RIM based on their application submissions. Apple did something similar after they first allowed applications to be submitted.

I also predict the playbook will take a fair amount of the market share in the professional arena due to the solid/secure nature of BB products. I see IT professionals loving the device.

Lastly, I predict at least one of my apps will be approved before launch of the device allowing me to receive a free device and pushing me to write many more applications. Smiley Happy
--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Developer

peter9477 wrote:

@zezke, do you mean an "analogue to digital converter" (or "analog" for our US friends)?  There is already one in there...

No, I meant more a digitizer as known in the likes of Wacom's tablets. It was just an example by the way.

BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

zezke wrote:

No, I meant more a digitizer as known in the likes of Wacom's tablets.

Now, why would you want that? ;-)

(Edit: oops... I hit Post accidentally before I was done.  Also wanted to include this link to a commercially available version that you can buy on Amazon.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Highlighted
Developer

It offers more than a capacitive touchscreen does. It can sense whether you're pressing soft or hard.