12-31-2010 03:56 PM
What are peoples predictions for 2011 for the playbook?
To beat some to the punch. I predict that:
1) We will receive an updated SDK and simulator.
2) The web view will work reliably.
3) @JRab will help another 200 people with their coding by the end of January.
12-31-2010 06:45 PM
There will be at least 25,000 applications in PlayBook AppWorld - I will receive my own one for free (and sell at least one app).
@JRab is not a human, it is good piece of SkyNet. It is always available and is always responding with full source code of answer. I have been faster than him one or two times, but he is AI, I'm not match to his speed.
12-31-2010 06:58 PM
You were only able to be faster @JRab those times because he was recharging his alien photocells and downloading additional information from the BB mainframe (hacking), while he was rewriting the QNX OS core in assembly during his rest period of determing the alternate methods to calculate PI.
12-31-2010 08:23 PM
I'm going to go way out on a limb and predict that, in addition to receiving an updated SDK and simulator, in 2011 we will receive... the real PlayBook.
Maybe best not to pin the release date down any more specifically than that though, given history to this point.
I'll also predict that it will:
01-02-2011 04:28 AM
1. We will receive an update SDK and simulator.
2. Most of us, hopefully everybody, will receive their Playbook.
3. Playbook will be the first "real" competitor to the iPad.
4. Java SDK environment
01-02-2011 08:53 AM
hahah you guys are getting closer and closer to the secrets of my system. im going to have to throw you off somehow
but my predictions (ones that werent mentioned):
1. a better app world (wishful thinking)
2. receive heat from apple... rim better be ready to play dirty
3. they'll add a little last minute surprise... something that'll be "specifically" targetting the iPad 2 (again really really wishful thinking)