Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: OT-What Accessories would you like to own with your Playbook?

I am not sure if I will buy a case for the PlayBook, I'll wait untill I hold my actual device to decide. From what I have heard, it's quite sturdy, so perhaps I'll only get a sleeve for it. And a mini-HDMI cable of course. And that quadrocopter!

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Brandon_Appetizer wrote:
It will be a standard micro hdmi, see the link earlier in the thread from monoprice.

Thank you..can't wait to get my hands on one..

Developer

* BT headphones   - Check

* HDMI cables on the way  - Check

* Screen protectors on the way  - Check

* Case - TBD

* Dock/Stand - TBD

* International power socket/adapter - TBD

And good place for the last 3 items?

Developer
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Bell

Avoid the case made by RIOT Outfitters. The packaging says it was designed specifically for BlackBerry PlayBook, and that is no doubt true as the cutouts for connectors, cameras, etc. are in the right places.

But someone forgot to tell them, or they didn't know to find out, that you can't cover up the bezel on PlayBook. With the PlayBook fully inserted into this case, the cutaway for the screen doesn't cutaway nearly far enough, and covers almost all of the bezel.

I tried and with a little luck was able to get one finger up far enough to make the bezel swipe down to open an app's menu, successfully about 1 out of 5 tries. But there was no way I could do the upward swipe to minimize an app. Too much of the bezel is just covered up.

Major design flaw.

It went back to the Best Buy where it came from.

You'd think that with the PlayBook design having features that set it apart from other tabs and pads, with such vital functions being built not just into the screen, but around it, RIM would be extra careful to advise third parties "hey guys don't cover up the bezel!". That would be an incorrect assumption.

Highlighted
Developer

@KenSalmon: You have a good point there.. I looked at some of the leather covers covering the bezel and had the same thought. For now I am just going with a gel cover. May be get one of those cheap stands to hold it upright for watching videos etc.

I want to take the PB to India on my next vaation..Any idea where to get a power adapter for it? Any special requirements for it or can i use something from Radioshack?