Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom
Accepted Solution

Packaging Error in FDT on windows when adding assets directory in package contents

Hi!

I am trying the new FDT 5.5 tools for Adobe AIR, so far everything is great but I just ran into a problem when trying to add an assets directory to the package.

I add the Directory form the FDT project properties -> FDT AIR Properties -> BlackBerry -> Package Contents Tab

I click Add Directory and add the path to my assets directory. (My assets directory is in D:\Users\Julien\Travail\SRC\FDT5-workspace\MonArc\bin\assets)

I then run a debug, and I get the following error:

Start Debug Packaging.
Packaging has failed!
Packaging failed:1
Error: File or dir does not exist: D:\Users\Julien\Travail\SRC\FDT5-workspace\MonArc\D:\Users\Julien\Travail\SRC\FDT5-workspace\MonArc\bin\assets Error: File or dir does not exist: D:\Users\Julien\Travail\SRC\FDT5-workspace\MonArc\D:\Users\Julien\Travail\SRC\FDT5-workspace\MonArc\bin\assets

There is a bug filed in FDT's Jira: http://bugs.powerflasher.com/jira/browse/FDT-2739 go vote for it ;-)

I am only getting this error when packaging BlackBerry application, with iOS or Android, everything goes fine, so I guess this might actually be a bug in the BB Plugin for FDT...

Has anyone encountered this issue and knows a workaround?

Thanks!

Julien
Web: smugrik.org Follow: @Smugrik
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass
Developer

Re: Packaging Error in FDT on windows when adding assets directory in package contents

I just filed a bug for that, https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-11

Julien
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Packaging Error in FDT on windows when adding assets directory in package contents

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Are you using the free version or the licensed version of FDT?

What kind of assets are you trying to add?

Regards,

Dustin

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Developer

Hi,

Using the free version, trying to add images, app icon, and in-app images, I also noticed another bug, which I believe is clearly linked to the free version:

If I open the preference screen, the menu to add icons is disabled, but when I close, the icons I manually set in the app XML are replaced by <icon />... a bit anoying..

Julien
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

I can verify this bug. You can add your images in one by one for now. I realize it a big pain if you have a lot of images.

Embedding images in classes works if you'd like to go down that route vs importing into package. Here is a quick example.

package
{
	import mx.core.BitmapAsset;

[Embed(source="../bin/assets/blackberry.png")]
	public class TestImage extends BitmapAsset {

}
}

var myImage:TestImage;
myImage = new TestImage(); addChild(myImage);

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Developer

Importing a directory doesn't work, but it is possible to add single images, this could be a workaround if all you need is to package icon and startup screen

Julien
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass
Highlighted
Developer

Yay, this was fixed in FDT 5.6!!!

Julien
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass