Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Packaging XML file so that it is installed to the document directory

Hi,

I want to package my app and include an xml file and I want it to be installed to the document directory. It is basically the level.xml and I plan to include more levels. So in order to be consistent, I want them all to be in one path.

How do I package an XML file with FDT so its installed there?

Thanks,

Marius

_______ Check out_______
my Apps:
Tilebreaker X - One of the best Tilebreaker Games available for the Playbook ;-)
Tilebreaker X Free - The free version with about 10 levels.
Developer
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

Re: Packaging XML file so that it is installed to the document directory

I don't know where these files are stored but I would package it with the command line to make sure the file is included. After installation I would run a routine which copies the file to the location.

blackberry-airpackager -package Project_name.bar Project_Name-app.xml 
   Project_Name.swf [ANE files].ane [icon_file] [other_project_files]
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha
My Carrier: -

Re: Packaging XML file so that it is installed to the document directory

I guess you want to add the file to document directory so that it is not over-written as Application storage directory, when you install a new version of your app.

You can package the file with the app and once the app is executed(only for the first time), you can probably copy the file to users directory.