Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: PlayBook promotion shipping date

Well, if rumors about a April 10 ship date are right we could be seeing ours within the next 30 days which is pretty cool!

And while I'm sure someone will try to sell theirs if they get it early, I think the majority of us just want to implement tough gestures and to really clean up what we already have.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

What concerns me as a [European] developer is if there is a large gap between the ship dates of different markets.

For example if Playbooks ship in the US in April, but Europe don't get their's until September, there will be a huge divide between US and European developers.

The US developers will in effect have a 5 month head start on developing feature rich and well tested apps over their European counterparts.

It would be great if all the "developer" Playbooks could ship at the same time. I'd love to be able to write apps for new US customers, rather than in effect having 5 months of benchtime waiting for a device to test on, whilst my US based colleagues are cornering the market!

Rufus. 

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

I doubt that RIM will to hand out promotional PlayBook on the launch date of that location. I don't see any reason for doing so as there is no way to keep the PlayBook off limits to different locations in the world since if people really wanted PlayBook, they can simply ship it. Plus, what RIM needs with the early stage of the launch of the PlayBook is attract more developers to build apps.

Still, let's not jinx it! Smiley Wink

----------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @gyubok
Developer
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: VZW

So... top priority as in... shipped at the same time as the consumer launch or shipped as early as possible before consumer launch?

Developer
My Device: Z10 and Z30
My Carrier: Play and Plus

[ Edited ]

@RufusA

As I wrote in one of the other topics on the forum all Developers will get Playbooks the same time. It doesn't matter from which country you are. I get that info from Mike Kirkup (Director of Developer Relations) on Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook

^ Nice to hear our european brotherns won't be disadvantaged as developers. =)

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

bbcountrymessage.png

AiFlex Limited Get your app developed with us
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Ah classic conflicting information from different RIM channels. Especially considering MK has tweeting that geography will not be an issue.

We'll just have to wait and see Smiley Indifferent

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Great news! I am so excited !

WillPowell wrote:

bbcountrymessage.png

Developer
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Being from Belgium, wich usually receives the devices after big European countries, themselve receiving it after the US, this sounds like a miracle for me.

Now I really hope the idea behind this tweet is shared by all the persons that will effectively decide to ship to "non US" countries at release date or not Smiley Happy

And I can't imagine a dev selling it on Ebay Smiley Tongue