Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: o2

Playbook Device Simulation released!

[ Edited ]

Today, I released little private project “PlayBook Device Simulation” that allows to use PlayBook specific API when develop with the AIR Debug Launcher (ADL). The solution consists of two parts: an ActionScript3 Library (PlayBook Device Simulation) and an AIR application (PlayBook Device Simulator).

I ported some of the classes of the QNX AIR Library, so that the classes have some functions and variables (1:1). Currently supported classes and features: AudioManager, Device, MediaServiceConnection and QNXApplication. My solution supports features, which can’t be test with the VMware Image of the PlayBook Device Simulator, like Power Management (Battery).  Another reason to test the solution is that won’t get any error messages (VerifyError: Error #1014: Class qnx.pps:Smiley TonguePSChannel could not be found) when using any of the supported classes.

Technically, I’m using the ServerSocket API of Adobe AIR to connect the Mobile AIR Application with the PlayBook Device Simulator. This allows a two communication between the Mobile AIR Application and the simulator.

Additional information about integration and usage can be found on the project site: http://www.patrick-heinzelmann.de/labs/playbookdevicesimulation

Patrick

twitter: @pheinzelmann

blog: www.patrick-heinzelmann.de/blog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out PlayBook Device Simulation and Last.fm ON AIR for the PlayBook
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Playbook Device Simulation released!

Again, thank you for doing this.  It's efforts like this that is making this forum and the PB device a joy to work with.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: vodaphone

awesome! Thanks for this Smiley Happy

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Thank you very much and looking forward to trying it.  If the the AIR application doesn't model the PlayBook bezel and swipe events, is it something you have considered adding?  Doing UI testing of the application menu with SWIPE_DOWN events in ADL would make for much faster design iteration.

Again, thanks!

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Wish list:

• GPS simulator (CSV file)
  • Accelerometer simulator (CSV file)
  • Swipes
  • Orientation change events
  • Low memory event

Contributor

Low Memory Event and SWIPE Down Event are implemented!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

The idea of the solution is based on the Conditional Compilation of Flex4. All supported classes are 1:1 port of the original QNX classes.

So, you can use both libraries side-by-side!

Check out the samples!

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: VZN

kisses

Brandon Clark
The Mind Company | www.themindspot.com

Contributor

In one of the upcoming releases, I will support Geolocation and Accelerometer.

The current plan is to release an additional ActionScript Library for AIR Mobile Projects that will also work with other mobile plattforms to support these features.

The PlayBook Device Simulator will get the possibility to control it from the same application and  I also planned to release a second application for the other plattforms.