Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Playbook SDK for linux??

Is there any plans for a Playbook SDK for linux? I was pretty excited to learn that the SDK is out but I was greatly disappointed to know that its only available for Mac and Windows. I haven't written any code under Windows Environment for years (I don't have Mac either) and I'm pretty sure there's other people who have the same situation like me.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Playbook SDK for linux??

[ Edited ]

It's not officially supported, but it already works in Linux, sort of. You can see my experiences in the thread: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/How-to-compile-the-sample-apps-th... . My issue (described in the thread) is with Flex compiling, which is supported by Adobe on Linux. The deployment tools (which aren't officially supported) work perfectly on Linux. I just installed the SDK in windows and made a copy of the install directory. All the tools are done in Java, with launchers that are shell scripts (for Mac) or batch files (for Windows). So far all the Mac shell scripts have worked for me in Linux.

--------
Taylor Byrnes
Retired
My Device: Not Specified

The main reason is Flash Builder which does not have Linux version. Tablet OS SDK can work under Linux but you won't get the integration to Flash Builder.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

As an update to my previous post, I've got everything working perfectly on Linux. It was user error (we need better documentation) and I have posted the new commands for compiling and deploying apps from the command line.
--------
Taylor Byrnes