Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Playbook app code signing now required?

I watched the last installment of the Playbook webcast the other day and they mentioned that after mid December code signing would be required for Playbook apps.

Is this correct? I'm trying to find some info on how to code sign Playbook apps but have failed to find anything.

If code signing is now required does someone have some info regarding code signing in Flash CS5 please?

I already have the signing keys from earlier Blackberry apps so just need to know the method for Playbook.

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

Re: Playbook app code signing now required?

Code signing is not yet released. You can submit your app without signing it. 

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: O2

Thanks so much for the super quick reply. All set now then for submitting! Wish me luck lol

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Is code signing required now? Will apps submitted that are not signed be accepted for the Playbook offer?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: other

[ Edited ]
It used to work. But not anymore. Signing is now enforced for app approvals (and thus the offer).
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Actually, apps may be submitted unsigned and qualify for the offer, however they may not be sold in app world until they have been signed. So if you're short on time you can submit an unsigned version, and the just submit an updat with a signs version at a later date.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer

OK thanks.

Where in my vendor portal do I go to create a developer certificate?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

You create your developer certificate either from the command line or in flash builder using your code signing keys. There are numerous tutorials on here that will take you step by step through the process.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer

Thanks. When reading the info on the key generating form it seemed like i needed the certificate before signing up for the keys.

Developer

[ Edited ]

How long does it usually take to get the keys once the request has been sent and can I submit an unsigned app and still be eligible for the offer if I don't get the keys in time (before tomorrow)?