Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Playing around with the FullRSSReader

I am trying out the sample code provided by Blackberry and would like to add a feed by code to the Shared Object but the following code just simply doesn't work:

this.saveNewFeed("NYT", "http://feeds.nytimes.com/nyt/rss/HomePage");

I have tried to put it before the LoadExistingFeeds(); and also in the main FullRSSReader() function but it has no affect.

How can I add a feed by code to the Shared Object?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Re: Playing around with the FullRSSReader

Always need to be careful that the "this" keyword refers to what you want in the context you are using it. Maybe this would work:

feedManager.saveNewFeed("NYT", "http://feeds.nytimes.com/nyt/rss/HomePage");

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Playing around with the FullRSSReader

[ Edited ]

I have tried it with the feedManager.saveNewFeed() function but it still doesn't work. Smiley Sad

Also I have some errors with the default code:

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: IFeedManager.    FullRSSReader.as    /FullRSSReader/src    line 67    Flex Problem
1172: Definition model:FileModel could not be found.    FullRSSReader.as    /FullRSSReader/src    line 19    Flex Problem
1172: Definition model:IFeedManager could not be found.    FullRSSReader.as    /FullRSSReader/src    line 20    Flex Problem
1172: Definition modelSmiley FrustratedharedObjectModel could not be found.    FullRSSReader.as    /FullRSSReader/src    line 22    Flex Problem
1172: Definition modelSmiley FrustratedQLiteModel could not be found.    FullRSSReader.as    /FullRSSReader/src    line 21    Flex Problem
1180: Call to a possibly undefined method SharedObjectModel.    FullRSSReader.as    /FullRSSReader/src    line 73    Flex Problem