Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Playing videos in slow motion

Hi,

I'm using the qnx media player class (http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/airapi/1.0.0/qnx/media/MediaPlayer.html) and would like to use the speed property to allow for slow motion.  When I set this property to < 1000, it's not what I expect.  It just seems to be a choppy playback rather than slow motion as I expect. 

Is there another API I should be using?

Thanks!

Derek.

Developer
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

Re: Playing videos in slow motion

define choppy...

if there aren't any more frames than 24 or 31 the playback will stutter. there's no inbuilt interpolation between images.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Hi lrrm, thks for your reply. I trying to play video with 24 or 31 fps without any stutter. For ex, slow it down by 2x or 3x or even frame by frame. I'm scratching my head and trying to figure out the best approach...
Developer
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

can't you jump from frame to frame? It would be helpfull to see some code Smiley Happy
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line