Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Please help me with signing of application

I found this guide to be the best for me:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/HOWTO-Sign-your-Applications-from...

There are a couple others though, and you can always ask for clarification if you need it!
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Developer

I can try you links guys when (if) I've got the keys... when I was asking there was the note that someone can ask for the key only once! Does it mean that I cannot ask for the new keys more?

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey,

I'm not sure where you saw that note but currently there is no limit on how many times you can request a new set of signing keys.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Contributor

I don't remember... maybe it seemed to me... btw what is the developer certificate?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey,

the developer certificate is a .p12 file that is created during the key registration process (if you don't already have one -- most dont). In flash builder this is created for you when you register through the application and in command line, you explicitly state the name of the certificate.

When you do the new key registration, you should create a new developer's certificate as well. Make sure the publisher name for it matches exactly to your project's publisher name and also the name you used in the request for a new Signing Key.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Contributor

Hello guys,

I have the new key and spent almost 2 hours but without any result. My last error with signing is "barsigner error: ZIP file must have at least one entry"

What does it mean??

Thanks a lot

Highlighted
Contributor

Never mind. For some reason this time everything worked!!!