Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: none
Accepted Solution

Porting an existing PlayBook App to BB10

I have a porting question.  I think that I am ready to upload an App to App World.  Please let me know if I have missed a step.  Here is what I have done with an existing PlayBook app - I have downloaded and installed the "BlackBerry 10 SDK for Adobe AIR beta 3" in my Flash Builder.  Also, I have requested, received and installed new code signing keys for the BlackBerry PlayBook OS and BlackBerry 10 and Higher.  I have recompiled the program with the new BB10 SDK and new code signing keys. The program runs well on my PlayBook, and in the emulator.  I suppose that all I have to do now is upload the app to App World.  Does that make sense?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Porting an existing PlayBook App to BB10

Why new signing keys? If it is just another update to an existing PlayBook app, you should be using the same keys.
Did you use a 150x150 icon and redo your slash screens for the new sized device?
Did you resize the assets properly for the nearly 2x increase in pixel density?
Developer
Developer
My Device: PB
My Carrier: ATT

ok, now I am very confused:

I thought BB10 apps are incompatible with PB OS 2.1, yet mine seems to run, at least until I try to show a dialog...

Regards,

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Depends on the app. Compatible, yes, they use the same AIR runtime. But the screen size and density are different and the QNX SDK are different.
New Developer
My Device: none

JTEgen,

Thank you for the cogent question about code signing keys.  It appears that using a new key prevents me from providing free upgrades to existing users.  That is something that I want to avoid.  Fortunately, I referred to the backup and restore procedure by Mark Sohm, before I installed the new BB10 code signing keys.   Because I made the backup, I could restore the old keys and go forward with "just another update" as you suggested. 

Here is the link to the backup and restore procedure for code signing files. 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Backup-and-Restore-BlackBerry-Code-Sig...