05-11-2011 08:50 AM
i've had no problems and i'm on 10.6.7.
before reinstalling Mac OS X, there are a few other things you could try:
1. try running the installer on another mac with 10.6.7 to determine the source of the problem.
2. run /Utilities/Console.app to see if and what err
3. are you logged in as admin with full privileges?
4. clean your system using Onyx and try again.
5. use a different browser to download the installer file.
05-11-2011 11:58 AM - edited 05-12-2011 05:15 AM
I have exactly the same issue. Mac OS X 10.6.6.
05-11-2011 12:44 PM
Possibly try to search issues from Apple support forums. It might be OS issue. Or maybe you need cleanup something stored in Library folders (support folder, plist etc.).
05-12-2011 05:22 AM - edited 05-12-2011 05:40 AM
All right guys, I fixed it. The error is caused by the executable inside the installer package not having exeute permissions. I have no idea what is the originating cause of this, but I do know how to fix it.
Assuming that you've downloaded the package to your desktop, open your Terminal and write the following commands:
chmod +x BlackBerryTabletSDK-Air-Installer-********.app/Con
(Replacing **** with your SDK version number, of course)
Now the installer will run!
Edit: Any blackberry folks reading this might want to check this out on the Apple forums: https://discussions.apple.com/message/10337917?mes