Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem with DOUBLE_CLICK event on sprite since the new SDK 0.9.2

Ok, can you try flex sdk 4.5 (hero)?
To me, it seems like a bug and I remember experimenting with double click and it was sometimes working sometimes not... Maybe it is a bug ... Idk
---------------------
a) If you like my response/post, please provide a Kudo (white star to the left).
b) If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.
----------------------
Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I can confirm this is a bug in the current SDK. My app used a double click on a custom Sprite and this is now non-functional. I solved this by using a single click (which was a better and more intuitive choice I think for my app), so I am afraid I can't offer a solution.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

FYI I had entered this as a bug in the issue tracker, and just got a message today saying that it has been fixed.  I guess this means in the next release.

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Hi,

Do you know when this fix will be released? My Double clicks do not work in the simulator but they are fine when i run the app on the desktop.

I guess i will have to implement the double_click code from above in order to be in time for the release.

Playbook Apps

Liquid-Photo
Follow us on Twitter @LiquidPhotoApp
P.S. Did you know you can take a screen shot by holding down the up/down volume buttons on the PlayBook! Great for recording errors.
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

According to their earlier release schedule, we should have received a new SDK by now.  So I would probably implement your own code.  You can always swap it out once a new SDK resolves this issue.

Developer
My Device: 9550

Yes, it's still a problem in 0.9.3.  In the issue tracker, RIM has acknowledged this, and states

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Also, fwiw, the event bubbles... It was totally valid for you to be listening to "this" rather than your testSprite.