Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
11-15-2012 02:15 PM - edited 11-15-2012 02:42 PM
I am having problems signing the BB10 apps. Following is the sequence of events I followed:
1. First I had earlier signing keys registered with my PC and I backed up those credentials.
2. I executed blackberry-signer -cskdelete to delete the earlier file.
3. blackberry-signer -csksetup -cskpass xxxxx
4. blackberry-signer -register -csjpin xxxxxxxxxx -cskpass xxxxx client-RDK-xxxxxxx.csj
5. blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -keystore BlackberryTen.p12 -storepass xxxxxxxxxx -dname "cn=xxxxxxx" -alias author
6. blackberry-signer BlackberryTen.p12 -storepass xxxxxxxxxx SampleApp.bar
7. But it prompted the following message 'Error:Enter Passphrase for keystore:'. Which password I am supposed to enter?
8. When I entered storepass created in step 5, it gave me the error as 'Error: Keystore load: C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\author.p12 <The system cannot find the file specified>'. But I had created the p12 file with the name as 'BlackberryTen.p12'. What is this problem and how can I resolve this?
9. Just to try, I followed the earlier approach we followed for signing tablet apps.
10. blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass xxxxx -keystore BlackberryTen.p12 -storepass xxxxxxxxxx SampleApp.bar RDK
11. blackberry-signer -keystore BlackberryTen.p12 -storepass xxxxxxxxxx SampleApp.bar author
12. The bar file was signed successfully.
13. Is this the right way to sign the app for BB10? I have attached the same signed bar file here.
I am also having issues with the simulator, can anyone please try installing this signed bar and let me know if this works and would it be accepted in App world(I don't want to miss the deadline to claime some prize :-))?
The file is uploaded here
11-19-2012 10:08 AM
When running through those steps, make sure -cskpass and -storepass are the same. They represent your keystore password. But there is an easier way. In the current tools those commands have been combined into one, so you can just use.
blackberry-signer -register -csjpin <csj pin> -storepass <KeystorePassword> <client-RDK-xxxxxx.csj file> <client-PBDT-xxxxx.csj file>
Or you can use the BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid.
11-21-2012 02:21 AM
Thanks for the reply!
I am using the same passwords as you suggested and getting the error. Even though I was able to sign the apps using the earlier approach, I want to understand if that would work.
I have signed and submitted the games using that approach.