Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 & Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: T

Proxy Server for Vmware Playbook Simulator

My PlayBook app is not able to connect to the internet from my computer that requires a proxy connection to the internet. I do not have this problem at my house because I do not use a proxy at home.

How do I cofigure the proxy settings on the PlayBook? Or Vmware player or do I have to configure something within my air application?

A standalone air application uses the system proxy settings.. but what does the PlayBook on VMWARE use?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer of Stocks for Blackberry 10
Regular Contributor
My Device: Android Droid Incredible
My Carrier: Verizion

Re: Proxy Server for Vmware Playbook Simulator

Ha, yeah I have a proxy that I am behind as well and I can't access anything outside of the network. Tried making a proxy server and routed all traffic through, but still no luck. The QnxStageWebView is getting the data but I have no idea why it is not displaying anything, I get no errors of any kind.

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch and Playbook
My Carrier: Wireless Technology

hi, Did anyone got solution for the proxy server configuration of the emulator on VMWare? I think there should be a way as all the corporates have their proxy server configured for the internet access. Or does the playbook emulator works only if there are no proxy server configured?

Thanks in Advance,

Vinoth.

Regular Contributor

As far as the QNXStageWebView goes it was the authentication that was causing the issue. Once I recieved DMZ access it worked fine. You can set the proxy setting for the VMPlayer but it defaults to your default browser settings (IE).

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch and Playbook
My Carrier: Wireless Technology

Hi ColWinters,

Can you tell me how to change the proxy configurations of the Virtual Machine?

Thanks In Advance,

Vinoth.

Regular Contributor

L7 Col btw,

press ctrl-p when you have the vmplayer selected then select connection settings, etc, etc.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Hi L7 Col,

I am also facing the problem: getting net access in Playbook simulator behind proxy. I did the proxy settings in the VMPlayer, but I was not able to access the internet.

Can you explain how did you make the internet work in Playbook simulator running on PC using Proxy, thank you.

Regards,

Xavier.

My Device: 9800

I have this same problem. I am unable to connect to the internet from the simulator while I am behind our corporate web proxy.

The preferences in VM ware described by

L7ColWinters only relate to downloading updates of the VMware Player software so don't really help with the problem.

Anyone come up with any other solutions? 
Developer
My Device: Playbook

Anyone found a solution for this issue?

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same issue.  My desktop is behind a firewall and so the HTTP traffic from the Playbook simulator is not going through(the Playbook browser can't go to any website).  Is there a way to set the proxy server in the Playbook OS or in the VMPlayer?