Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

QNXStageWebView issue

[ Edited ]

i'm having an issue with QNXStageWebView the error is here i have downloaded the latest sdk 0.9.2 and the latest simulator. the code i'm using is highlighted (essentially a straight copy of the RSSReader example) in the image and the import is correct ( ex: import qnx.media.QNXStageWebView; ) i don't see anything in the forums similar to this issue. any advice?

Edit - 01/18/2010 12:40 pm I can launch with this error, BTW. i have found a few similar postings about this. it appears to be a problem with pathing. in the meantime, it launches, but then enableJavascript doesn't work. will see if i can repair the path.
It's " in the last place you looked" because you stopped looking.
New Developer

Re: QNXStageWebView issue

Thanks to some post-posting sleuthing, I discovered the issue. As mentioned above in the Edit, the issue appears to be a problem with the path to the swc. I needed to update the path to the swc anyway as I'd updated the SDK. Additionally, for those curious; QNXStageWebView

stageWebView.enableJavaScript = true; //correct camel-case
stageWebView.enableScrolling = true; //no longer exists, appears to be default
stageWebView.autoFit = true; //no longer exists

AIR API docs i wish i could give myself a thumbs up.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

You can't give yourself a thumbs up (kudos), but you can Accept as Solution on your own posts, which helps others to find answers when they encounter the same thing.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer

Sound advice to the newb, peter. thanks.